As the leading producer of ride control products in the world, Monroe is the undisputed Ride Control Expert. Whether you drive a domestic or imported car, a truck or a minivan, you can count on Monroe to provide a wide variety of shocks and struts that suit your needs.
The Monroe® Gas-Magnum® truck shock absorber is designed for mid to full size, hard working pick-up trucks and vans. These units provide firm control without a harsh ride. With up to twice the fluid capacity of standard 1 inch bore shocks, Monroe® Gas-Magnum® truck shocks work more efficiently with less effort.
· 1-3/8 inch Bore: Lower operating pressure than standard 1 inch bore units
· 2 inch Reserve Tube: More fluid for more consistent performance.
· 5/8 inch Piston Rod: Heavy-duty nitrocarburized rod for long service life. On non-dust shield units only
· All Weather Fluid: Contains special modifiers to reduce friction and ensure smooth rod reaction.
· Full Displaced Valving: Better valving range on both the compression and extension cycles of the unit for a smooth comfortable ride.
· Nitrogen Gas Charged: For improved ride and handling, helps maintain tire to road contact by reducing aeration - on most applications
· Sintered Iron Piston: Stronger than traditional metals, enhances durability for longer service life.
· Special Seal: 'Self-lubricating' fluid seal designed to retain gas without excessive wear or friction.